Bronek  Dołączył: 04 Wrz 2006
K10D w porownaniu z konkurencja
na początek porównanie do 400D, A100 i D80
Cytat

I have been comparing the Pentax K10D, Sony A100, Canon XTi and Nikon D80. I have all of them here at least for a few more days - at least until I finish a few comparisons. My impressions are mostly subjective so far, but I am comparing all the cameras side by side.

VIEWFINDER: The Pentax has the best viewfinder, followed closely by the Nikon D80, then the Sony A100. The Sony viewfinder is remarkable for a penta mirror setup, but it is no match for the true pentaprisms in the Nikon and Pentax. The Canon is by far the worst of the lot in viewfinders.

AUTOFOCUS: I compared all cameras using a 50f1.4 lens, since the shallow depth of field evened the focusing playing field for all cameras. All four 10 megapixel cameras were very fast in focusing and locking on the same subjects - much better than older models like the Pentax *ist D. Focusing noise was lowest for the Canon, but it was only very slightly quieter than the Nikon D80 (with a 50f1.4D) and Pentax K10D (50f1.4 FA) which were virtually tied. The Sony was just as fast in focusing , but noisier than the other cameras with a Minolta 50f1.4 lens. Perhaps the Sony would be quieter with the reworked Sony 50f1.4 if anyone could find it (and pay the new $350 cost Sony is asking). However, this was as fair as I could make it with the 50f1.4 lenses I had available.

HIGH ISO NOISE: From limited shots so far the Pentax is also the best at controlling noise at high ISO, which was a complete surprise to me. The Canon is almost the same as the Pentax K10D, followed by the Nikon, with the Sony last. All 4 are identical to ISO 400. At 800 differences start to appear. To my eyes the Canon CMOS sensor controls noise well (but not as good as the Conon 6 megapixel and 8 megapixel CMOS sensors) but at the expense of dynamic range. Since dynamic range, the range from lightest to darkest is already a problem with all digital photography I prefer noise control that preserves the already limited dynamic range as much as possible.

BUILD QUALITY: By far, the Pentax K10D feels the most solid and it is the heaviest, a surprise again since the Nikon D80 is a pretty solid piece of equipment. The extra sealing for water/dust resistance pays off in a very solid feel to the K10D. This is easily the best quality Pentax since the *ist D, which also had a solid quality to it. I consider the Nikon and Sony build quality about the same, except for the Sony's loud slapping mirror and louder focusing, with the Canon far behind the other 3 in build quality (but quiet lenses). The damped mirror sound on the Pentax is reassuring to my ears.

CONTROL: I've liked Hyperprogram since before the old *ist D days, and I think Pentax did a really great job with the front/rear dials and new sensitivity program line. The Nikon D80 also has both front and rear control dials, while the Sony and Canon have just one control dial. I still like the Pentax ability to shift the program aperture with one dial and the shutter speed with the other. Hyperprogram makes shooting like YOU want a lot easier.

AUTO ISO: Both the Pentax and Nikon offer user selectable Auto ISO ranges - a feature I really like. The Sony Auto is limited to ISO400, which turns out to be a good match to the sensor capabilites. The K10D capabilities with a manual, non-autofocus K-mount lens are icing on the cake - you can even use effective anti-shake with manual lenses after dialing in a little info.

CONCLUSIONS: All-in-all I find the Nikon D80 and Pentax K10D the closest in build quality and depth of features. When you consider the K10D has very effective anti-shake built in, effective moisture sealing, and dust removal - and the Nikon has none of these features - the tip is definitely to Pentax for me. I still think the Sony is a great all-round camera, and with the current price about the same as the Canon XTi, the Sony is an easy choice between the two. Canon will sell a ton of XTi's to people who don't compare, but this go around the Canon is the least competitive.

I will be even happier when lenses with motors start appearing for Pentax. Pentax was smart to add this capability, but they are usually VERY slow to ship those good ideas. If they sell a ton of K10D - which they will if buyers compare - then it may come quickly. That will remove the last Canon/Nikon advantage. It was pointed out that Sony also addressed the lens motor issue with a couple of very expensive lenses, but I don't know if their plans include lens motors in any of the more common and affordable lenses.

Jezeli znajdziecie jakieś inne solidnie recenzje, pls. wklejcie tutaj razem ze źrodłem (wklejcie zamiast podawać sam URL, bo artykuły mogą znikać, serwery i łacza się czasami psują, nie wszystko jest dostepnę na www dla szerszej publiczności itd.). Ew. w postaci skróconej, bo nie wszystko można wrzucić w całości ;-) Może w ten sposób uda się "zneutralizować" letargię polskiego dystybutora i niektórych witryn :-P

dan  Dołączył: 11 Sie 2006
Bardzo ciekawe to porownanie, bo potwierdzilo to, czego do tej pory domyslalismy sie z porownan specyfikacji.

Dzieki Bronek! :-B

Slava  Dołączył: 25 Kwi 2006
:lol:
Fajne porównanie i generalnie tak jak dan napisał -potwierdza specyfikacje. Mam tylko wrażenie, że Canon trochę nie pasuje do reszty towarzystwa -to mimo wszystko niższa półka. Raczej do porównań z kadyszką powinien stanąć 30D.

Zdano  Dołączył: 23 Paź 2006
Bronek Tym cytatem lejesz miód na moje serce. Przyłączam się do Dana :-B

tref  Dołączył: 05 Wrz 2006
Bronek a polskie testy są i tak najlepsze - K10D nie ma konkyrencji, więc go nie porównują wogóle ;-) . Fajna jest opinia p. SrAT z dpreview. Miło poczytać.

Tym razem subiektywne porównanie z 30D z DPreview
Cytat

For those that need absolute objectivity please read no further. Anyone else who might be interested here are my observations and decisions based on 5 days of K10D use.

First a qualifier, I am a long time Canon user and use the Canon 30D and XTi (10D, 20D, XT prior).

I bought the K100D a few weeks ago for my Son and when trying it out was extremely impressed with the color and detail. It had a quality about it that just seemed a tad more real to me then some of my similar Canon shots. Based on that subjective observation, I ordered the K10D.

I have had no observable banding and when properly exposing in low light the pictures had loads of detail. However, anything above 400 ISO did have visible noise. At ISO 800, the noise wasn't objectionable at all and could easily be removed in PP. At 1600, it was a mixed bag. If I did any extensive croping, the noise became much more apparent and bothersome. My points of reference are my Canon cameras and the CMOS sensors which have considerably less noise at the ISO 1600 and 3200 range.

The Pentax at ISO's up to 400 I felt had better rendering of subtle detail and colors particulariy in the shadow or darker areas. Albeit though I was pixel peeking, it was discernable.

I was torn about what to do but I have returned the Pentax at this point since I can still get a full refund. I truly believe it is a great camera. I just don't want to suffer buyer's remorse. I am going to wait and see if there is any Pentax actions (if indeed their is some firmware issue), and perhaps buy again in the future. I have kept the Pentax lenses. The 50mm FA blew me away....WOW.

It came down to the noise for me. It is strictly personal taste. I have seen some marvelous 1600 pictures on this site but I just can't get comfortable yet with my trial.

Dla tych mniej zaznajomionych z językiem - K10D pobił 30D Canona w odtwarzaniu kolorów i szczegółów w cieniach w czułościach 100 - 400 ISO włącznie. W czułości 800 pojawiły się widoczne szumy, ale łatwe do zwalczenia, a ISO 1600 szumy powodujące "mieszane uczucia" oraz dużo wyraźniejsze w porównaniu do czułości 1600 i 3200 w 30D. W moim odczuciu sukces - nikt rozsądny nie oczekiwał że matryca 10Mpx CCD pobije niskim poziomem szumów w wysokich ISO matrycę 8Mpx CMOS, ale na pewno pobiła jakością obrazu w niskich (najczęściej używanych) czułościach. Z pierwszego cytowanego testu wynika natomiast że K10D pobiła niskim poziomem szumów w wysokich czułościach nowsze dziecko Canona, 400D - niższa półka ale za to 10Mpx. Osobiście oczekuję że podobnie będą sprawy wyglądały w porównaniu z nową "półprofesjonalną" 10Mpx lustrzanką Canona (40D ?) która za pół roku będzie konkurować z K10D, chyba że Canon zastąpi swój Digic czymś lepszym.

Poczytać miło, do zakupu pozostało jednak trochę czasu, zwłaszcza, że mi się właśnie amortyzatory posypały i muszę Kayaby kupić zamiast puszki. Po prostu życie.

Acha, i jeszcze komentarz od autora powyższego testu
Cytat

Thanks for you observations and questions. I agree that it may not be fair to compare to the 30D but actually at a much lower price point, the K10D does in fact have much if not more to offer in certain regards. The build quality is excellent, the ergonomics great. The SR really helps (particularily me since I have a bit of a tremor in my hands). I did notice the noise on groups on my monitor and on 8x10 pictures. It was not horrible by any means and many people, especially those with film background would probably find it nice...the noise is smooth and random.

I have no doubt that this camera can compete with the 30D even though the target is the XTi. I just need to decide if the noise is a problem for me and my subjective view.

Zbigniew  Dołączył: 04 Lis 2006
:-B :-B :-B :-B :shock:

(powyższy komentarz odnosi się do porównania z 30D, a to co widać niżej to zupełnie inne porównanie i łączy je tylko forum DPreview)

Kolejne porównanie, tym razem do Nikonów z górnej półki
Cytat

So far, I have to say my K10D produces some very, very beautiful pictures. In particular, the color and tonal delineation overall are, to my eyes, superior to DSLRs I've used before. This includes my current Nikon D2X (which still exceeds the K10D in some other aspects of visual quality) and D80, and Sony A100, and my previously owned Nikon D200, Canon 5D and Olympus E-1.

I've been taking pictures seriously for over 40 years, and like to believe I have a technically critical eye as well as some appreciation for aesthetics. (I don't pretend to have much artistic talent though).

Since visual preferences are, in part, highly subjective, your mileage may vary considerably.

I'm not sure how much of the impressive image quality I'm seeing from the K10D is attributable to the two lenses I've been using (31 1.8 and 77 1.8), rather than the body alone. These are truly excellent lenses and the build quality is very, very high. For those of us who remember the days of all metal lens mechanical construction, and tight tolerances, you will be more than pleased. The 77 does seem to have better bokeh than the 70 2.4 I exchanged for it.

It's always interesting to see the intensity of response to a new, highly-anticipated camera. Usually it starts with extreme happiness and euphoria (together with frustration from those who haven't been able to get the camera yet). People sometimes make miraculous claims about their new acquisition. Shortly thereafter, people start seeing (real or imagined or both) problems and there is a period of turmoil, while thread after thread on internet photography forums focus on extreme "pixel peeping" of phenomena such as banding or autofocus inconsistencies or noise levels at high ISO ratings. Strong arguments ensue as people defend their new camera or are filled with insecurity, disappointment and worry. The occasional troll fans the flames, usually extolling the "superiority" of another brand.

I guess this is human nature and our cameras and lenses are important enough to us that we invest some of our emotional lives into them.

I've seen this same phenomena with every major new camera that I've paid attention to: Olympus E-1, Nikon D2X, D200 and D80, Canon 5D and Sony A100.

Not all of this angst is useless; early adopters have caught some problems that were subsequently acknowledged by manufacturers. These include banding on some D200s, and excessive infrared sensitivity with the Leica M8.

The bottom line is the early production runs of a new camera often have a higher risk of sample to sample variation, and sometimes broader problems that have not yet been addressed by the manufacturer. I still didn't wait :=)

So, if you're worried and actually use high ISO levels frequently, wait (if you can, unlike me). Let the extreme excitement subside and there will be a chance to sort through what is real, what is less significant, and what is the result of staring too long at a computer monitor.

For me personally, I haven't seen any banding. But I only shoot from ISO 100 to 400.

I can say that I am VERY happy with the color and tonal palette of the K10D. Those qualities, along with sharpness (where the K10D is as good as any other high quality DSLR) and bokeh, are the MAIN things that matter to me.

The pictures straight out of this camera are very very beautiful in ways that cannot be stricly described by technical measurements. The colors are some of the most pleasing that I have seen. The tonal rendition is characterized by great subtlety and nuance, while extracting more detail from the shadows than I usually see, and transitioning smoothly into extreme highlights. Images often have that "three-dimensional" quality that I prize.

The K10D images are capable of great subtelty and delicacy when appropriate. For me, this is a pleasant addition to the more modern rendition of lenses and cameras, which seems to usually shout its presence, and is a bit monotonous. For those of you who care about such things, it's a bit like classic Zeiss rendition versus current Leica.

Rather than banding, my complaints about the K10D are:

1) the autofocus isn't quite as decisive as the best Nikons or Canons. It's a little "nervous" at the point of acquisition, and the motor/lens still racks back and forth, close to or at the focus point. The best Nikons and Canons, in comparison, usually lock on firmly when focus is acquired.

2) I wish the selected autofocus point was constantly visible on the top lcd. Maybe there is a way to see it without pressing the info button to view the back monitor, but I haven't found it yet.

For me, these two minor gripes are eclipsed by the truly beautiful image quality the K10D seems to produce. The camera feels extremely comfortable and facile in my hands, with a nice sense of sturdiness. I'm enjoying becoming acquainted with my new Pentax equipment. Your mileage may vary.

Tony

oraz osobno od tego samego fotografa porównanie do D200
Cytat

That's a tough question because I don't know what you like and need to take pictures of.

If you shoot a lot of sports, the D200 is way ahead. The D200's autofocus is considerably more sophisticated - it's more decisive, tracks focus better, and has a number of options for area autofocusing and passing a subject from one sensor to another. This is truly useful when you need to work with very fast moving subjects.

The D200 has significantly faster maximum frames per second.

The D200 also has noticeably shorter shutter lag and mirror blackout. While some people like to fire away at the highest frames per second they can achieve, I'm from the old school of "decisive moment" for candid and street photography. The shorter time delay helps and the shorter blackout isn't as obtrusive into the flow of action.

The D200 is built like a medium sized metal tank. In fact, due to the different location and configuration of their respective CF card doors, the the D200 actually feels more solid in some ways (density and "squeezability") than the D2X, which is built like a fort.

However, I personally prefer the color and tonal rendition of the K10D, and I love the imaging qualities of the 31 1.8 and 77 1.8 limited lenses.

For me, (not necessarily for you) when shooting slower moving or static subjects, the speed advantages of the D200 yield to the - at least to my eyes - better pictoral qualities of the K10D with the limiteds.

I do wish the K10D had somewhat more decisive autofocusing, and that the mirror blackout was shorter. But, you can't have everything in one camera. The K10D is good enough in those areas that the fine pictoral qualities (particularly the color, tone transitions and bokeh with the two limited I've tried) tilt the scales in favor of the Pentax - for me.

Your needs and preferences could easily lead to the opposite conclusion. And, they're both very fine cameras.

Tony

Oh, and I should also mention that the K10D's shake reduction allows me to get pictures I simply couldn't with the D200.

oraz z tego samego wątku porównanie do E-1, napisane przez inną osobę
Cytat

Used to own an E-1.... very very well made body! Loved many of it's features... among them, the shutter.. :-) .

As said before, the shutter of the K10D is "NOT" as quiet as the E1 - that is for certain..... but I'm not sure what is...

What I "think" you might enjoy is the body construction which is excellent (IMHO) and I also own a D200 (for the moment).

Image quality to me is exceptional and many of the first images shown do "not" do it justice at all.

Very very usable at ISO 800 (I recall my E1 was not). Combine this with SR and you open up some really terrifc hand held opportunities.

While I have yet to invest in primes (my next expenditure), they offer some exceptional glass in very very light but incredibly sound packages.

Dust Reduction combined w/body sealing...... well, you had this on the E1 and it is a wonderful combined feature set.

Flash - my experience is that this is the best flash I've used for "consistency" - and it is quite versitile as well (though not as versitile as Nikon's iTTL).

Viewfinder and large LCD are a great set of features too.

Good luck on your decision.

Bob

[ Dodano: 2006-11-27, 16:45 ]
I jeszcze jedna opinia od tego samego Boba
Cytat

Subject: K10D - What do You "Like" Most About Yours.....

Thought this would be a fun thread on the upbeat side; Say your top four/five things.... :-)

I'll start:
1) Handling (feel, balance, weight, controls, viewfinder.... amazing),
2) SR (Wow - helps so much) and works great,
3) Dust Buster - adds a bunch of confidence to lens changing and a diminished lack of dust,
4) Image Quality (I'm impressed) and sharp out of the cam jpegs.
5) Flash Exposure quality and consistency.

Your Turn..... :-)

Bob

Stary, masz zacięcie -dobrze, przynajmniej wszystko będzie w jednym miejscu.

I jeszcze jedna recenzja od tego samego Boba
Cytat

Hi All:

So far (about three days into it and finally home to download images).. here are my thoughts:

On the body: Feel is (to me) excellent. Balance great and weight virtually perfect (for my taste). I'm using it with the FA 24-90 and DA50-200 and AF360 flash. Lens and body "MUCH" lighter than my D200 or Fuji S3.

User Interface/Handling: Excellent. Simply love the controls, very intuitive and a snap to change settings when needed. Very similar to the *istD but much (IMHO) easier to use.

Flash Exposure w/AF360: Virtually perfect in bounce or direct indoors. ADDED EXTRA (for me), this body balances "perfectly" - and I do mean perfectly - a scene where you are using flash indoors and shooting with a window in the scene. The flash exposure is perfect and in perfect blance with the ambient light of the window scene. Far better than my Nikon iTTL does - and it was better than anything I'd seen prior.

Image Quality (IQ): Nothing short of excellent at ISO 100-400. IMHO, much better than my D200 and way better than my *istD. Color, sharpness, dynamic range.... just great. I'm fully amazed with the sharpness as many of the images I've seen were "to me" very soft. ISO 800 very usable. ISO 1600 in the scene lighting that would normally place someone (or me) wanting to use 1600... is totally unusable.

ISO 1600: When in good light - direct light - the images are very very good (will post some tomorrow); however, when in poor lighting (poorly lit interior of a home for an example), the noise is in my opinion, very bad and not something I would consider using. So this is an intersting situation... Unless trying to gain advantage of a very small aperture and or high shutter speed in "good light" I'm not sure what I'd consider using ISO 1600 for.

SR: Works like a charm. I would add something that gives one an indication of whether you are within usable parameters of lens length and shutter speed, but that is a "nit". I "LOVE" this feature..... and all it brings to the table.

Dust Shaker: No dust yet.... :-)

Downloading of Images to PC: It appears..... Much faster than the *istD, but noticeably much slower than the D200.

Overall... simply a delight to use and something that delivers excellent images out of the camera with virtually no PP - with total and complete confidence. This is the best, most "perfect for me" DSLR acquisition I've made.

Will post some images tomorrow.

Bob

Bronek napisał/a:
I'm not sure how much of the impressive image quality I'm seeing from the K10D is attributable to the two lenses I've been using (31 1.8 and 77 1.8), rather than the body alone. These are truly excellent lenses and the build quality is very, very high. For those of us who remember the days of all metal lens mechanical construction, and tight tolerances, you will be more than pleased. The 77 does seem to have better bokeh than the 70 2.4 I exchanged for it.
W naszym wątku były różne zdania, pamiętacie?
link

M@cieq  Dołączył: 06 Lis 2006

dobrze, że znam angielski :-( . Patrzę jak ciele na malowane wrota :roll: .

tref, staram się. Pentax swojego oddziału w Polsce nie ma, Apollo zarabia na Nikonach i Canonach (a Pentaxa ma gdzieś), foto*lis przygotuje recenzję tak żeby nie zaszkodzić sprzedaży Canona 40D , czyli najwcześniej za pół roku. Inne (zagraniczne) witryny pewno postąpią podobnie, bo też mają swoich reklamodawców (np. DPReview ma K10D na końcu kolejki do recenzji, pewnie potrwa 2 mce zanim coś opublikują).

Zresztą sam niedługo zostanę użytkownikiem ... za niecałe 3 tyg :-D więc się interesuję czego oczekiwać od nowej maszynki.

argawen  Dołączył: 19 Kwi 2006
M@cieq napisał/a:

Nie jesteś jedyny :cry: :cry:

M@cieq napisał/a:
Może ktoś zabawi się w translatora, bo nie wszyscy wiedzą o co chodzi (a myślę, że warto byłoby mieć w ojczystym języku takie wywody-większość wtedy się doczyta)
o pojawił się powyżej następny głos. Ja się tłumaczenia nie podejmuję.

argawen, M@cieq, coś wam przetłumaczę ... tylko nie wiem kiedy :-(

Jarek Dabrowski  Dołączył: 20 Kwi 2006
A może się wstrzymać z tłumaczeniami... już pierwsza polskoforumowa kadyszka jest, pewnie powoli, ale sukcesywnie będa przybywac następne - będzie okazja pokazać, że Polacy nie kaczki i swoje zdanie mają.

[ Dodano: 2006-11-27, 12:26 ]
A - nie, żebym bronił komuś tłumaczyć - nie zrozumcie mnie źle.

Zdano  Dołączył: 23 Paź 2006
Mogę ewentualnie wkleić z automatycznego tłumacza. Trochę śmiesznie to wychodzi, ale można się doczytać o co chodzi. Jeżeli nikt nie ma nic przeciwko temu oczywiście.

Skocz do: